INTERESTING SENIOR EXECUTIVE SUMMARIES
FROM the 1990’s
‘The Business Doctor’
‘DO TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE NUMBERS HELP BUILD CUSTOMER CONFIDENCE ?’
Studies do indicate that toll-free 800 numbers does help build customer confidence in a business.
In the late 1980’s studies showed that:
– 38% of Americans indicated that they had more confidence in a business or company that had toll-free 800 numbers
– 40% of U.S. consumers and customers say they have used the toll-free 800 numbers within the past year
– of those people using the toll-free numbers, 40% say they do so to get more information and place an order
Studies show that of those people using toll-free 800 numbers
– 47% have some college education beyond high school
– 33% are high school graduates
– 20% did not complete high school
(now, here in 2008, much of this information is obsolete but it is interesting to see what was going on in the late 1980’s)
What is still true and accurate is that customers do have more confidence in businesses that have toll-free telephone numbers.