About Michael P. Marshall, PhD
Senior Sales, Marketing & Business Development Executive
(Experienced, Educated, Well Trained, Global)
E Mail: mmarshall1236@gmail
Personal website: www.AskTheBusinessDoctor.com
We can also communicate via SKYPE video/audio PC to PC or audio PC to telephone/cell
Place of birth; Chicago, Illinois USA
30 + Years Business Experience up to senior leadership VP vice president levels
6 years Teaching Professor at University Level in;
Korea, China, Vietnam & US Embassy + Saudi Arabia )
37 business articles published in 53 international publishing’s
My extensive hands-on experience in several markets and business organizations gives me substantial expertise and insights that would be difficult to acquire from any other way.
My career has been dedicated to developing higher levels of competence and acquiring extensive experience, insights, knowledge, skills and expertise.
This effort and journey required significant personal dedication, financial cost and Sacrifice, to accomplish.
I am experienced, knowledgeable, trained & educated in utilizing advanced behavioral science, neuro-linguistics, neuro-marketing, neuro-selling and the advanced psychology of selling & marketing; and utilize in ‘growing the business’
(how the brain & mind works; its influence on business; how to work with it & influence it for business, management, sales, marketing, branding, promotions, client/customer relations, business development)
How to work with it to be more effective and get better results in business
This helps me to stay in the top 1 % of business professionals and leadership that have such skills, knowledge & experience.
This is a critical success factor in helping to grow the business.
How many times have you had the better services & products and logically customers & clients that should have selected you or purchased from you, ended up not doing so and maybe instead going to your competitor or someone else or maybe even doing nothing at all? Why?
How many times have you had customers or clients do business with you instead of possibly others who are equal to you or actually they may have been a better choice even? Why?
How does your organization utilize behavioral science with customers and clients relationships?
You may be spending a significant amount of money on selling efforts, promotions, advertising, marketing communications, literature, digital marketing, and websites. Do you know the specific things that are working being effective and worth the efforts and money being spent and which things that are not working and is a waste of money and why? Do you know which things need to be improved; how and why?
Do you know why people say one thing but act another way or make different decisions?
How does your organization utilize behavioral science with customer and client relationships?
From a behavioral perspective or view, what are your ideas to grow sales and channel more sales to specific products or services?
What behavioral science fundamentals does your organization have incorporated into training?
What training in the behavioral sciences does your current management have and how are they utilizing it?
In-depth knowledge and extensive experience in business development, marketing, sales management in several markets plus an engineering and a medical/healthcare background
Open for full time direct position, advisor, consulting, tele-advisor, mentor, coach, trainer, special training workshops, special speaking engagements, teaching
Open for national and international/global
I am able to perform multiple positions functions which are beneficial and desirable
Able to research new markets and new applications, develop and implement aggressive business development programs, and integrate into the organization.
Able to develop strategic business relationships, referal networks, referals and help ‘Grow the Business’
Open to opportunities with all size business organizations
Skills in mentoring staff, management of all levels and leadership to develop higher performance teams
I am a team player with high energy that gets along well with others and contributes significantly and regularly.
*Expertise, knowledge and experience in finding new business opportunities with new & current customers, finding new clients and new markets
*My passion is finding ways to ‘Grow The Business’, national and international/global
My ability utilizing “Creativity”, “Out of the Box Thinking” and “Bold Innovations” are critical for business development. I am formally trained in this.
My expertise includes business development, sales, creative business thinking, marketing, branding, market expansion, accounts expansion, referrals expansion and finding ways to grow a business.
This is based on extensive experience, research and study, continual education and trainings.
My psychology background has proven to be a solid foundation for my skills in ‘Business Development’, ‘Sales’, ‘Marketing’ and ‘Management
I utilize advanced neuro-psychology & neuro-linquistics to be more effective and achieve greater results in business development, business, management, marketing & sales
My passion is ‘Business Development’, ‘Marketing’, and ‘Growing The Business’
The academic world views the business world as lacking the education in solid business fundamentals and not applying them which is contributing to business struggles and failures.
The business world views the academic world as lacking real experience.
My extensive real world business experience, higher education and trainings affectively bridge this gap.
Throughout my career advancements and all positions, I have worked in the field directly with customers, clients and potential new customers, uncovering new business opportunities and new market niches.
B to B / Business to Business
B to C / Business to Consumer
B to O / Business to OEM
B to R / Business to Retail
B to H/M, Business to Healthcare and Medical
Business Development, Sales, Accounts Expansion, Expanding Markets, Marketing, Marcom, Branding, Customer Service, Business Strategy
Business Positions held include:
VP Vice President
Industries and Markets include:
Marketing Communications and Promotions
High Tech Electronics
Electrical Transformers and Power Supplies
Batteries, Computer Room and Motive
Power, Power Back-up and Power Conditioning
IT and Software Technology
Manufacturing and Industrial
MRO and OEM Products
Testing and Measurements/Test Equipment
Advanced Post Grad Marketing Certification
UCLA University of California
Anderson Graduate School of Business
Los Angeles, California
Advanced Post Graduate (PhD) Degree in Business
Marketing, Sales & Business Development Concentration
Dissertation: “Effects of Telemarketing and Personal Sales Visits on Sales”
Santa Ana, California
MBA Masters Degree in Business
Santa Ana, California
Graduate studies in Psychology
University of Illinois, Chicago
Double Major Bachelor Degrees of Science
Psychology + Social Human Behavior and Administration of Justice
Southern Illinois University
Social Human Behavior + Law Enforcement and Corrections
Southern Illinois University
Advanced Engineering Program
Southern Illinois University
Two-year International Business Certificate
Federal and State Certified
Des Plaines, Illinois
Sales Force Productivity Certification
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Professional Selling Skills
Xerox / Learning International Corporation
Adult Learning and Train The Trainer Certification
Washington Pacific University
Effective Speaking and Human Relations Certification
Dale Carnegie Institute
Advanced TESOL Certification for teaching Internationally
TESOL for Business Certification for teaching internationally
Two-year Engineering Program
Morton West/East School
SPECIALIZED EDUCATION and TRAINING
‘Acquisitions and Mergers’ Association for Corporate Growth
‘Acquistions & Mergers’ American Management Association
‘Finding/Buying and Selling Businesses; Direct Marketing Association
Positioning & Preparing a Company for Sale’
‘Expanding International Business’ US Chamber of Commerce
‘Marketing & Sales in Medical & Healthcare Association of Medical Sales
Skills And Expertise Include:
1. Sales and Selling
2. Finding new customers, new business, new markets
3. Personal Selling & Account Penetration
4. Account Relationship Development
5. Research new markets and new applications
6. Develop and implement business development programs and integrate into the organization
7. Psychology of Selling, Marketing & Business
8. Referral network development and expansion
9. Strategic Alliances; develop and manage
10. Business networking
11. Sales Management
12. Develop/ manage customer service
13. Utilize customer service to grow sales
14. Develop/ manage inside sales, inbound/ outbound
15. Develop/ manage field sales, direct staff and independent representatives, national/international
16. Develop/manage distribution networks, national/international
17. Cross selling, up selling
18. Consultative/Solutions Approach
19. PR, Advertising, Literature, Promotions
20. Communication strategies
21. Improve websites
22. Utilize digital media technology
23. Lead Generation & Database Marketing
24. Develop sales and marketing tools that help develop business relationships and help close sales
25. Competitive Analysis & Differentiation
26. Value Analysis & Strategy
27. Competitive Analysis
28. Gap Analysis & Bench Marking
29. Developing competitive edge and advantage
30. Investigating needs of customers’ and markets’
31. Needs Analysis, Sales Analysis
32. Branding, internal & external
33. Market positioning
34. Finding profitable market segments
35. Segmentation Analysis and time cycles
36. Conjoint Analysis (pricing)
37. Product Positioning & Pricing Analysis
38. Services and products expansion and enhancements
39. New product introduction
41. Strategic Selling & Marketing Strategies
42. Develop customer database
43. Research potential new customers
44. Develop database for potential customers
45. Knowledge management
46. Market research
47. Marketing strategies
48. Target Marketing / Segmentation Marketing
49. Relevance Marketing
50. Niche Marketing & Market Analysis
51. Market niches expansion
52. Market penetration
53. Differentiation Marketing
54. Value Added Marketing & Sales
55. Creative Merchandising
56. International Business & Marketing
57. Expanding business, internationally/globally
58. Improving Sales Force Effectiveness
59. Team development
60. Compensation & incentives programs & motivating higher performance
61. Recruiting, hiring and retaining good staff and top talent
62. Motivating improvements, higher performance and excellence
63. SWOT Analysis & Application
64. Organizational Development/Change/Improvement Management
65. Risk Management
66. Root Cause Analysis & Applying
67. Decision Analysis
68. Finding cost savings and eliminating wastes
69. Developing additional revenue sources
70. Contract Negotiations
71. Training & Coaching
72. Mentoring and coaching executive level and others
73. Special events management & trade shows
74. Visionary, Innovative, Team Oriented
75. ‘Creative’, ‘Forward Thinking’ and ‘Outside the Box Thinking’
76. ‘Finding Ways to Grow the Business’
77. Culture Differences in Leadership, Management, Communicating
78. Utilize advanced behavioral science, neuromarketing, neuro-psychology & neuro-linqustics to be more effective & achieve greater results in business development, promotions, branding, business, management, clients/customer relations, customer service, marketing & sales, training
(how the brain & mind influences businesses and how to work with it for greater effectiveness & better results)
79. A ‘good presence of mind’ that only comes from extensive professional level experience
79. Detailed oriented with strategy, plannng, measurements & time lines
WORTHY TO MENTION
Early in my university education I studied engineering for 4 years where I learned the importance of a strong foundation, individual components and structure
– Right after completing my undergraduate university studies, I was a mental health staff counselor (certified & credentialed) for about 4 years learning and practicing the dynamics of people skills, why people do what they do, what influences and motivate people, and how to motivate positive change
– Prior to business career I worked as a Beahvioral Health Counselor in the well-known Rush, Presbyterian, St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago and Forrest Hospital in Des Plaines, Illinois for 5 years due to my formal psychology education plus have additional 7 years counseling internships
Received a mental health counselor certification from Rush Medical Center.
– Prior to an extensive business career and business education, my first entry level sales position, I was a top selling realtor & broker for 3 years and graduate of realtors institute (GRI) learning fundamental sales and marketing.
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS BACKGROUND
Many being CONTRACTED POSITIONS under special agreements
All positions were career advancements with experience, responsibilities and income
A good progressive career path establishing extensive skills and solid experience
Teaching professor & international staff advisor liaison at Asrooh Athakiyah College & Technical Training Company. Client partners include Saudi Arabia government, ministry of defense, Microsoft, corporate businesses, Saudi Arabia Colleges/universities, US universities + others.
Teaching professor at Gyeongju University in Gyeongju, South Korea in subjects of; Culture Differences in Leadership, Management & Communicating, Global Cultures, Advance Business Conversation, Glo